Elijah and I took advantage of the ALONE time we had and took a

MINI VACATION down to SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS.


We stayed at the OMNI LA MANSION DEL RIO Hotel right on the river walk!! The hotel is really NICE and everyone was so ACCOMMODATING! We felt living it up and got Valet parking so we wouldn't have to worry about finding a parking space.



Friday night we ate at the IRON CACTUS which is the place that the ladies and I go to eat when ever we come to San Anton. I thought I would share that place with Elijah since he always hears me talking about it. After dinner we walked a around the river abit and turned in for the night.


Saturday morning we ordered room service and ordered the most expensive thing on the menu because the hotel gave us four complimentary vouchers. When they wheeled our breakfast in it was so nice!! I felt like a QUEEN getting breakfast in bed! The food was really good too!!




After eating breakfast we drove back up to New Braunsfels, Texas and went floating for the day on the Guadalupe River. Elijah had never been floating so we decided it would be fun for the two of us to go. It was the PERFECT day and the water was a REFRESHING cold to the hot day. It was a four hour float but we ended up floating for about 6 hours. So much fun and there were a ton of people there. Good fun and relaxing day!

After floating we cleaned up and went out to the HARD ROCK CAFE for dinner. We ordered our drinks and food. We were so hungry because before we went floating we had eaten a big breakfast but then missed lunched. I love Hard Rock Cafe because when you order from the Keepers menu(drinks) you get to keep the glass cups. Yeah, I have never gone to a restaurant where you order something and then get to keep it. AWESOME!!!! Yes, I had to ask the waitress if we get a new one...because that would be wrong if they made you take the one everyone had been drinking out of. YUCK!!! I was pretty HAPPY with my PRIZE!!

After eating we went to get a 50 minute massage at the WATERMARK SPA which is right across that bridge. I don't have any pictures, sorry! I wanted to get a couple session but they did have any available so we took the separate one that just came open because someone canceled. I didn't get to see Elijah the whole time I was there but I wasn't complaining. You know I love you, hon! WS is really SWEET!! They give you shoes and soft robs to wear, and locker for your things. Before your session you have a choice of utilizing the sauna, saltwater hot tub or siting in a dimmed lit room and getting a few moments of shut eyes. I chose the dim room...after eating and floating all day...it was the perfect choose. The massage was INCREDIBLE!!! I think at one point I was drooling or on the verge of sleeping or both...hahahha!!! It was a really GOOD way to end the day!!

That night we didn't do much of anything. We walked around the river walk, sat and enjoyed each other and called it a night because it was just so hot and there where so many people walking here and there. It felt like I was about to fall in the river that is how crowded it was. The BEST time to walk the RW is in the morning and that is exactly what we did the next morning after eating yet another AMAZING breakfast!!

What a GOOF BALL!!

Awww, I love this MAN!!

We made one last stop over at SAN MARCOS, TX to do some outlet shopping before heading home! Yeah, I know I'm soo LUCKY!!! Relaxing, floating, spa, and shopping ............it couldn't get any better!!!



This entry was posted on 11:19 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Leslie said...

    Wow, wow, wow!!! What an awesome vacation! I love it when it's just me and Ryan sometimes. It's so nice to get connected and spend some time just the two of you! I love how you guys lived like royalty with the room service and valet and massages. Awesome! TX has so much culture and so much to do. I can see why you guys live there! I love all your pics and stories, thanks for sharing!!!

  1. ... on August 25, 2010 at 5:01 PM