The night before we talked to Noah about what was going to happen the first day of school so he would have an idea of what it's like. He was excited and couldn't wait til the next day!


Monday morning he got up brushed his teeth, and changed his clothes all by himself. As we got out of the car I asked him if he were excited for the first day of school and he replied "Mom, you already asked me that." I guess I have worn that question out...and a little nervous for him. I don't think he was slightly nervous.



The school house was full of kids and parents and a little chaos. We managed to find the cafeteria and got in line to get breakfast. We would have made breakfast for him the first day but we wanted him to get in the groove of things on the first day. Its so much better for him to eat there because I don't have a lot of time in the morning to fix him BF. So we go through the line and he didn't know what to do....bless is heart....we stood by him and told him what he needed to do. He is just so small.....he could barely see the his options. After he got want he wanted, he was looking for a place to sit. He wanted to sit at a table where no one was sitting but we had to tell him he couldn't sit there because that is where other kids sat to wait on their teacher to come get them. So he picked to sit by these two girls......he was very shy.....didn't want to touch his food. But after words of encouragement from us he stated eating. I felt so bad for him while as he was opening his syrup it spilled all over is pants and down his legs. He looked like he was about to cry......I had to do the ol spit and clean technique on his pants. When he finished eating he had to carry his tray to the trash can, empty the try, and stack it. As he was trying to do that the lady was arguing with the janitor about how the kids needed to do it on their own. The janitor didn't agree with the school and said, "These kids need HELP!" The janitor is our neighbor, has been working there for a very long time and all the kids love him. Way to stand up for the kids, janitor!

The first bell rings and the teachers comes to pick up her students. Noah, meets his teacher Mrs. Nancy West for the first time because he missed his Meet the Teacher Night last Thursday due to summer vacation with his cousins. His teacher is so SWEET and I'm sure he is going to have a great school year with her.



Here he is walking in line. He is one of the SMALLEST kids in his class....he is so CUTE!!! As we were walking down the hall I started to get teary eyed because our little boy is growing up so fast. He doesn't need Mommy anymore!


His teacher is in the purple top.
Look how big all his classmates are!! What do their moms feed them...I need to know!
Here he looks so grown up!
The final bell rang while we were in his class room and Noah, clung to my leg!! This broke my heart.....he know we had to leave and it killed me that he felt alone. But I had to be strong for him...we gave him a hug and kiss and told him to have a good day and that we would see him after school. He was fine with that and quietly sat in his chair. I got one last smile from him as we were walking out!!! He is such a sweet little child!
During the day I was worried about him and about lunch time! Just hoping and praying that things are going well for him. When I got off work I couldn't wait until i got home to see how exciting his day turned out. He said he had a good day, told me what he had for lunch, and what they did in school. Said that they practiced how to line up in the hall way, how to be quiet in the halls, how to walk in a straight line, writing, and he couldn't remember the other things. And that is teacher gave only him a lolly pop! So he is already the teachers pet...NICE Noah!!! No...that isn't very nice of me....but I'm glad he is being a good student!
Some downer news: Last night he woke up crying....must have been from a bad dream. I checked him and he was burning up. His temperature was at 100.1 degrees, gave him some Motrin and prayed it would be nothing in the morning. My prayer didn't come in time....checked him this morning and it was 100.8. I told him that he will not be attending school...his reply...YES! I'm not sure why he said that because he seemed he had a good day yesterday. I just told him that its okay to stay home when your sick but school is very important. he said, "Yes, Mom!" so he stayed home with his dad.
Elijah took him to the doctors today....turns out that he tested negative for strep throat and test for whooping cough won't come in until Friday. Not good. So that means he can't go back to school until Thursday once he has been medicated for 48 hours. I just feel bad that he has to miss two days of school.....I just don't want him to get behind. He is a fast learner so I pray that it will be okay. My poor baby!!!


This entry was posted on 1:16 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

7 comments:

    Leslie said...

    Ahhhhhhh Noah!!!! I love hearing about your first day of K!! I love the syrup part and the smallest kid part. Those are special things you all will always remember.

    He does look so grown up! I am jealous of all the classroom pics you got! Hayden is so beyond letting me do that anymore.

    Noah is going to do great I school. He is sooo smart. I wouldn't worry about him one bit! Easier said than done, Aunt Leslie! You are his mom and you will always worry, and he does still need you! He always will.

    Ahhh, what happened with his fever?? Is he okay????

  1. ... on August 25, 2010 at 5:11 PM  
  2. Ebannie said...

    Im not sure....we think it might of been with all the swimming he did while he was on vaca. No ear infection(thank god)! The doctor prescribed him some infection meds so that should help with whatever he has.

  3. ... on August 25, 2010 at 5:31 PM  
  4. Ebannie said...

    He is good! Acting like his normal self...full of energy as always!

  5. ... on August 25, 2010 at 5:32 PM  
  6. Leslie said...

    Is he going back tomorrow? No more symptoms? Maybe it was the starting school blues!

  7. ... on August 25, 2010 at 10:26 PM  
  8. Ebannie said...

    Yes, he has gone back today! Ate breakfast with him and after he didn't want me going to work....but he was okay as soon as I walked away. didn't even turn to see if I was gone....tear. Last night his temperature was not normal but below a hundred so that is good. This morning he was fine...a little tired because he didn't go to sleep until late due to the neighborhood teenagers playing right outside his window.
    Spoke to his teacher yesturday and she said that he wasn't missing much. They were just learning school routines and getting to know thier classmates. Said that Noah is really smart and didnt think that he will have any problems adjusting later. That made me feel better because I was really worried about it.
    We spent most of yesterday, coloring, playing with his cars, talking about school, reading, and watch TV as little as possible. Although he would ask me more then once to watch it.
    I really hope that he gets out of the back to school blues.
    You all have a good rest of the week! Love and miss you all!

  9. ... on August 26, 2010 at 8:38 AM  
  10. Leslie said...

    I'm glad he's feeling better. And not surprised the teacher isn't worried about him. He IS really, really smart. Him and Jacob both are crazy smart.

  11. ... on August 27, 2010 at 1:25 PM  
  12. Ebannie said...

    So is Miller!!!! I miss him!! Maybe next time we come visit he will let me hold him more then two seconds. hhahaha!

  13. ... on August 27, 2010 at 4:09 PM