I have been doing a lot of research online and found wonderful sites that have tutorials and sites that give free patterns. The only down side to free patterns is that you have to print out like 50 pages, tape them together and cut them out. But I totally don't mind because it's FREE!!! A Lot of these projects are just to see if I can do them. I love sewing and I am most thankful for my mom because she is the one who inspired me. The first article of clothing I had ever made was a skirt which didn't turn out too bad (with my mothers guidance). I had tried to make a prom dress one year but the closest I got to finishing that was the lining of the dress. I got frustrated because I didn't have all the tools and just chucked the dress. Thinking back I wish I did not do that because it was a baby doll style dress and those are popular now.
This dress is my version of Vivienne Style jumper for a toddler by Arsonita. This pattern can be found @ http://www.burdastyle.com/ if you would like to test out your sewing skills.




These cute Baby Boots and Mary Jane's patterns are from http://www.ithinksew.com/. I love this site!!! She has some adorable baby/women shoes, pouches, bags and clutches! Another great thing about it is you can purchase the patterns at a low price and it's emailed to you immediately. I had so much fun making these!
Now on to making adult dresses!
Wish me luck!

P.S. If you notice the Mary Jane shoes are done in the same fabric as my guest bathroom.
Fabric is never wasted!!! Hahahaa!


This entry was posted on 2:20 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

    Leslie said...

    THIS STUFF IS AMAZING!!!

    Okay, I am little confused...are the pictures of things you made or pics from the websites? They are so good, I literally can't tell. I know you made the adorable flower shoes, since those are bathroom fabric, but what about the dress and lion boots?

    It's amazing, your sewing talent is so good, Ebannie. I'm serious, you should really think about starting an Etsy store. It's a great way to be creative and make a little money doing what you love!

  1. ... on April 12, 2010 at 9:54 PM  
  2. Ebannie said...

    Thank you, that really means alot!

    No, it's all me!! Does the yellow wall look familiar, hahahha?

    I will have to check it out! No, promises though!

  3. ... on April 13, 2010 at 9:22 AM  
  4. Ebannie said...

    Just checked out Etsy and I think I need alot more practice before I start selling. All the creaters on there are AMAZING, AWESOME, PROFESSIONALS and that is alot to compete with. But I appreciate that you think I'm good enough to be on there!

  5. ... on April 13, 2010 at 10:38 AM  
  6. Leslie said...

    Girl, your stuff IS that good. You can at least sell all these little examples on there that you are making now. I am far from professional and I sell on there all the time!!!

  7. ... on April 13, 2010 at 12:43 PM