So this winter has been long!! Longer than I expected...usually by this time it's warm in TEXAS. I am so ready for SPRING and SUMMER to arrive! I love warm/hot climate! I don’t know how I survived in ALASKA for three years but I did. Anything less than 75 degrees to me is COLD. I can’t sleep without a blanket over me and Elijah hates it! But I think over the 10 years we’ve been married he has grown to get used to it. I love him dearly!!

My plans for tonight are to spend some quality time with my son, Noah and get some reading in with Elijah. I usually pick Noah up from school on Tuesdays and Thursdays because Elijah has school until 830pm. Noah loves to color, dance, ♫sing funny words (made-up by him)♫, make me laugh, and playing with his new transformer car who he named VOLT (like the movie BOLT). Lately he has been taking care of himself by bathing, lotioning, dressing, and brushing his teeth himself. It’s really GREAT that he does this but at the same time it’s sad because he is growing up. Sometime I try to help him and he refuses my help. He still likes to be read to, so that is a PLUS for me!! Noah is such a LOVEABLE person!! We are so PROUD of the person he is molding into. Okay, this is enough before I start tearing up and can’t finish this blog.

Elijah and I a reading this book called “The 5 Love Languages: How to express heartfelt commitment to your mate”. The author Gary Chapman believes that everyone has a love tank, and that love tank is filled by different love languages. These languages are: Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service, and Physical Touch. This book is very interesting and it’s a bit of an EYE OPENER. I didn’t realize this but we often tend to give love in our fluent love language but that may not be what our spouse’s primary love language. I recommend for all my friends to read this book regardless they are marriage or not. I found out about this book through a couple of my friends and decided to look into it!! I’m GLAD I did!! I think mine is Physical Touch but I haven’t gotten to the end of the book. At the end there are a couple of questions and based on your answers it tells you what your primary Lo♥e Language is. I hope this book finds it's way into your heart because it's GREAT!!!


This entry was posted on 10:46 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    Leslie said...

    Ebannie! I was SOOO excited when I was reading this post because Ryan and I read The 5 Love Languages together too and Gary Chapman came to our church and we did his marriage seminar! He even signed our book! It was great and a good thing for our marriage.

    Great job to you guys for working on the love and being proactive at keeping your marriage happy!

    And you are such a sweet mom! It toally shines through when you talk about Noah! He really is such a precious little boy. It's obvious why you guys are so proud of him!

  1. ... on March 4, 2010 at 7:42 PM  
  2. Ebannie said...

    It is a great book!!! I would love to go to one of his seminars!

    Ahhh...thank you! You are so sweet!!

    We are so Lucky to be his Parents!!

  3. ... on March 5, 2010 at 8:31 AM