Our neighbor who lives across the street from us has two girls, Madison who is 5 and Autumn who is 3 years old. Noah loves Madison like a sister and always wants to play with her. Autumn not so much because she gets into his things. We always have to remind him to share and that Autumn is still learning.
One day after school, while driving home......
Noah: I will never be 5 like Madison!
Me: In a few months you will.
Noah: No, I won't!
Me: Yes, you will! In August you will have your 5th Birthday Party!!
Noah: But when I turn 5, Madison will be 6 and I want to be the 6 like her!
Me: Babe, i hate to tell you this but that will never happen because Madison is a year older then you! Daddy and I aren't the same number. I'm 30 and Daddy is 29 and it's okay that we aren't the same number.
Noah: (crying big tears and having an emotional break down) I want to be 6 like Madison! I will never be 6 like Madison.
At this POINT...there was nothing I could do to make him feel better. I've never experience a kid having this kind of emotion. I felt so bad for him!
A few days LATER...he had the same break down with Dad.


This entry was posted on 11:16 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Leslie said...

    AHHHHH...poor Noah!!! I can't believe he even understands the concept of numbers and age. HE IS A GENIUS!

    Bless his heart! Next time he has a meltdown, you could always "stretch the truth" and tell him she is 5 like him! Just kidding... bad advice!

  1. ... on February 17, 2010 at 1:14 PM