The Guadalupe River in New Braunfels, Texas



It is one of the earliest explored river in Texas and was named for Our Lady of Guadalupe by a Spanish explorer in 1689. Some parts of the Guadalupe is famous because of the exciting rapids, sparkling clear waters, scenic views, and good fishing. The river has it's occasional rapids, but for the most part the river flows along lazily. This area is so nice because along the river you will find restaurants, bars with live music, plenty of outfitters, and places to stay from tent camping to river houses to resorts with amazing views of the river and the surrounding hills.

Last year the girls and I planned a floating trip on the river and the surrounding area and like me tell you....we sure had a BLAST!!!!! We floated for about 5 hours! Yeah, you read it right, 5 hours!!! It was about 6 of us with one guy! We made our own little trash can jugs and let me tell you it was delicious! I personally had too much to drink and had to stop along the way to dispose of it. I felt so much better after that I decided to jump off a deck but Vince(the one guy) wouldn't let me because he thought I was going to get hurt. After 10 minutes of convincing he finally let me, along with my friend Felicia. Sorry no pictures, we lost our camera, opps!



So the reason I'm telling you of a pass trip is because we have made it an annual trip for the girlies, YAY! This year we are going to do it right! I'm going to make us matching hats or sun dresses. We are going to look so cute and this time we're not going to loss the camera!
No kids, No worries, Just PURE FUN!!!!!!
Here is the BOMB............................Ebannie doesn't get to go!!!!!!!!!!!
=(
BOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!

Elijah is training for 2 weeks during our float. At first he said he wasn't going because I planned on going with the girls but I felt that I was being selfish. Because I had already gone last year and felt that he should go because it would be good for him to travel and he would gain a lot of experience in his career field.




There is always next year....................


This entry was posted on 12:54 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

    Leslie said...

    This place looks BEAUTIFUL!!! So much fun! It looks like you guys had a blast last year. I am so sorry you don't get to go this year. Awww, but you are being such a sweet, supportive wife!

  1. ... on May 18, 2010 at 9:17 PM  
  2. Leslie said...

    Oh, and I LOVE the new blog layout. It's so pretty!

  3. ... on May 18, 2010 at 9:18 PM  
  4. Ebannie said...

    Thank you, Lady Le Le! Hahahaha! I ♥ Lady GaGa!

  5. ... on May 19, 2010 at 9:17 AM