This pass Friday I was really itching to make something......different....new......so I did a little research and find a couple of different, new sewing projects. My first project is Pillowcase Dress...it's very simply and really cute when done with chick patterns and colorful materials. I was so excited to get started that on my way home I stopped by hobby lobby. Not a great place to go for fabric because they don't have a wide variety but I didn't feel like driving out of my way. I found this hot pink poke a dot pattern and here are the results.



Now, you know me.....there is never any wasted fabric!! So with this one I thought out of the box and incorparated a little of my own details. Instead of putting ribbons, I made straps and used what little of the black ribbons I had to put bows on each side. I like the way the dress looks but I'm thinking of adding black and pink satin ribbons along the bottom for the dress. What do you think?





This entry was posted on 9:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

5 comments:

    Leslie said...

    EBANNIE!!! I can't see any of your pictures! Only the top on of the pattern you found. I can't see anything else or any on the Easter Egg hunt posting. I am dying to see everything. I LOVE looking at stuff like those dresses and stuff. FIX YOUR BLOG!!! hahaha...

  1. ... on March 29, 2010 at 1:13 PM  
  2. Leslie said...

    Oh wait, now I can see it! Nevermind.

    THAT IS PRECIOUS!!! I can't believe you made that! Who is it for? You are such talented seamstress. You should open a shop on Etsy. There are a lot of sellers who sell stuff like that and they do really well.

    Good job, Martha Stewart!!!

  3. ... on March 29, 2010 at 1:14 PM  
  4. Leslie said...

    Oh, and yes I like the idea of adding something along the bottom! Maybe a pom pom fringe or the ribbon like you talked about.

  5. ... on March 29, 2010 at 1:15 PM  
  6. Ebannie said...

    Ahhh....thank you! It's really not for anyone, just wanted to see if it would turn out right but now i know i will never miss a little girls bday! hahhaha!

    Thank you for thinking that my work is good enough to sell but I think need more practice and time before doing that!

    Yes, I think I will stop by the store on my way home to get more ribbons and fabric.

    Next time you come down or I come up I could teach you how to make them. It's really simple!

  7. ... on March 29, 2010 at 2:38 PM  
  8. Leslie said...

    I don't even own a sewing machine! I am a horrible seamstress. I've tried before, but I was never patient enough.

    Yours are so good! I hope you make some more stuff so I can see it!

  9. ... on March 29, 2010 at 9:13 PM